- Outstanding singers, musicians, and/or dancers needed to teach Music Together classes for parents and children, birth to age four.
- Audition, short training, and apprenticeship arerequired.(…also a love of young children, a good sense of humor, and the abilityto besilly!)
- Why should we involve babies and toddlers in musicmaking? Because it’s every person’s birthright to develop his or her musicalpotential– and it’s fun!!
How to Apply:
Name: Katherine Deane, Centre Director of West Side Music Together
- Weare looking for people who have a passion for music making and are comfortableleading singing groups and largemovement activities with adults and youngchildren.
- Happy,positive, glass-half-full attitude a must
- Passionate about creating community through music making
- Ableto sing in tune (a cappella)
- Ableto move and dance with accurate rhythm
- Experienceworking with young children (child development knowledge a plus)
- Comfortablein an informal learning environment
- Teaching classes to mixed agegroups of children and their families
- Lesson Planning
- Room Set-up and tear down
- Community events
- Subbing classes
- Basic administrative dutiesrelated to teaching (IE. Attendance, CD and Songbook distribution,communication with families,canceling classes)
- Promotion of classes in the commintiy
- 10 weeks Apprenticeship April to June 2017
- Music Together Training Thursday March 30th 9am-7pm, Friday March 31st 9am to 7pm, Saturday April 1st 9am to 5pm
- Teaching on Thursdays 9am to 12:30pm at St. Stephen's in West Van starting Sept. 2017 plus occasional subbing